So, you advertise your products and services through Google. Have you heard about Google Google Panda Update 2.3? Of course you did! And somewhere deep in your mind you are a little nervous about new Google Panda Updates. You are thinking – how it will affect my campaign, what will happen with my conversion rate? Let’s find out!
Google Search Network is always improving, changing the frequency of the PageRank, and we can see the result of all of these changes in the search results. What happened after the last Google Panda Update?
All the websites that did not meet the Panda algorithm’s criteria have lost about 50% of their traffic. We do not want to repeat their fate!
What happened now? Let go to the official Google Webmaster Central Blog:
“For many months, we’ve been focused on trying to return high-quality sites to users. Earlier this year, we rolled out our “Panda” change for searches in English around the world. Today we’re continuing that effort by rolling out our algorithmic search improvements in different languages.”
So, high-quality sites algorithm was launched in additional languages! This change will impact 6-9% of all search querie and is active for all languages except Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. And of course, Panda continued to downgrade article directories, aggregators, content farms, people-finding search engines and scarpers.
You can see the changes caused by Panda Update 2.3 in the Google Analytics system. Go to traffic sources search engines non paid visits Google non-paid visits. Look at the graph – hope you will not see the crucial change.
What should you do to survive „Panda“?
- Move your valuable content in a more prominent place where all visitors will see it.
- Delete or improve articles that do not contain enough useful information. Include unique information into your articles.
- Remove useless pages from the website.
- Remove all duplicate pages.
- Delete all the categories with a small amount of content.
- Delete inappropriate links, excessive advertising and colorful pop-ups, which can distract your customers from important information.
- Check all the articles on your website to remove errors, grammatical, spelling and stylistic mistakes, fact errors.
- Make sure the content on your website is relevant and useful to users (do not create irrelevant content only to receive better ranking).
- Google Panda will ignore too short articles – use at least 2000 characters per page.
- Google Panda dislikes too many keywords on the webpage and will perceive it as spam.
Google is running panda update every 4 to 7 weeks. Let’s be prepared for the next one!